Thursday, May 30, 2019

Our Community Physical Therapist ~ AG

The person that I selected for our fifth grade blog article is someone important to me. Her name is Megan Wolf and she is my physical therapist. She is a big part of my recovery from my foot injury. Miss Megan works at Beaumont Rehabilitation Center in the orthopedic department.

She went to school for 7 ½ years to get her doctorate in physical therapy at Wayne State University. She also went back to school for two years to do a residency in orthopedic manual therapy. She has now worked at Beaumont for 4 years.

It is always important to know the story on why people want to pursue their career. Miss Megan wanted to be a physical therapist because she loves working with people. "I love helping people from being injured to being healthy again. So that's why I looked into being a physical therapist.”

Miss Megan's favorite part about her job is "helping people figure out what exercises work for them to get them back to where they were functioning the way they were before their injury."  I think Miss Megan gave some amazing responses about her job and about how she helps people.

Miss Megan not only helps people every day she wants to know what they want to do and to get them into a mindset that they will be able to do this with their help and her help. “ So for each person we talk about what they need to do. So in your case you wanted to get back to swimming and back to running and back to doing everything appropriate for your age. If it was someone who was maybe 85 it might be I want to sit for thirty minutes without my back hurting. So we first have to figure out what goals are for that patient and then my job is to create a program to get from were they are now to where they want to be."  Miss Megan has such wonderful responses in our interview.

When asked where she likes to be outside of work, her response was, “ I think probably at the grocery store the most because I love cooking. But I like to be outside.  I like to go running.  I like to go kayaking, and this time of year is my favorite time to go. So i'm really out and about a lot of time”. I would love to do all of the fun stuff Miss Megan does outside of work. She sounds super fun and outdoorsy. Not only does she help people, but she likes to have fun too.

Miss Megan's idol was not therapy related, "my parents are my biggest fans because they both are very motivated and determined to accomplish their goals.  They have showed me that everything doesn't always happen the way you want them to, so always keep trying”. I highly agree with everything that Miss Megan said and all of her answers are amazing and inspiring to me and hopefully they are to you.

I feel super lucky to have a amazing physical therapist like Miss Megan. She is amazing at her job. She is super nice and kind and fun to be around. I am super grateful that she is my physical therapist and apart of our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment