Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Jennifer Roma ~ LR & HM

My mom is jennifer Roma. She is a architect and a stroke survivor.  I am very proud of my mom and I want to be an architect one day just like her. My mom had five children including me (Lily), Izabella, Maria, Alesandro, and the youngest Leonardo. My mom is a very strong woman and I look up to her every day. I think she has helped our community by teaching people about strokes and helping to remodel Beverly School.

Jennifer Roma went through a stroke about 5 or 6 years ago.  It happened in the Groves parking lot when she was dropping off her daughter, Maria at school.  Maria was saying goodbye, and Jennifer didn’t respond.  Jennifer thought she said, “Bye, I'm going to have a nap when I get home.” but she actually didn't say anything at all. Maria tried again and again to make her respond, but she didn’t answer.  Maria called her dad for help, and he called an ambulance. Jennifer went to the hospital for about two weeks. After a week in the hospital her family was allowed to visit her.  Jennifer remembers, “My husband said to be strong and it will be ok." When Jennifer went home she had a big binder of things to do to help her remember words.  Now she is much better but she still jumbles up words every now and then.

If you didn’t know, Jennifer was an architect before she had her third child. She did many things as an architect, but one important thing she did was designing our house “it is my dream house," said Jennifer.  She also helped to remodel Beverly by designing the preschool doors. You might wonder how she did that? Well it was simple.  There were people who made a blueprint, then her and a team of people approved the best design, the third attempt.

Now you know about Jennifer Roma.  Jennifer is an inspiration and reminds us of the importance of how to identify a stroke in case of an emergency.  To learn more go to this site. As you may know she is a mother, stroke survivor and an architect. She is a very strong woman and a role model to many.

No comments:

Post a Comment